Friday, October 3, 2008

Face to Face

Doing stuff is tiring. I have always been pretty productive and prompt, but as of late i am just doing doing doing stufffffff. This year i am social. I have the co-op for anytime social activities, its a way better version of the dorms thats for sure. More freedom, more college choices of activities, and there are tons of cool people to talk with. Foreigners are of course the best for the perspectives they offer, but there are so many like minded people who can talk about simple everyday things or go deep into philosophy. What you lookin' for? its here. I have my normal job where i hang out with kiddies and learn some really fascinating things about people (yes i learn from kids they are the most truthful people I have met) and i am constantly learning about myself. my patience is building beyond how much i thought i had stored up. The most exciting thing i am doing though is Outdoor Adventures. Just this morning i was that annoying bitch on Bruinwalk who was yelling at you about "hanging out in the woods with your friends" or rock climbing,biking, surfing. (i was rockin' the yellow helmet and booty enhancing harness) i made some good impressions on boys and even ladies liked the look. and yes if you were biking or had surfer hair or a scruffy face i profiled you and made you take a flier. OA offers so much beyond the wilderness experience, its about meeting some amazing ucla students who appreciate nature, its about pushing yourself past every limit you have whether you be backpacking, rock climbing, kayaking, or just breaking out of your normal self into a nature self. I love that i get to guide others about in nature, cuz i love being outdoors doing stuff and i want others to like it just as much as me. OA is the first activity i can give my all to. All my energy is used to excite others, get people to try something new, and to push myself to do better with every aspect of my own limit pushing: emotionally, physically, mentally, and just all around nature-y. Of course i am doing school, but that has become a very natural thing for me. Reading has never been an issue, and after i meditate on my assignments i can poop out an essay in two hours. And lastly i have my friend family that i also donate my time to. I love my core friends from way back in the freshmen dorms; in life i collect people very carefully, and the ones i got are good ones. I love all the people in my life right now, they are all so fascinating and offer me many things to do. I foresee myself doing a lot of stuff this year. The past month has just flown by with all the activities i am doing, i am always in and out of my room to do something else or be with someone else. the time has come to talk of many things, but really the time has come to do a lot of things.

i always get questions about my choice to be a vegetarian and i have sorta always had trouble explaining why. I care about the environment, but i am not an information source about climate change nor about animal cruelty. Being a vegetarian was about testing myself, but more so it was about trying to be an activist. I felt like i wasn't really doing anything about how i felt, and being a vegetarian is just one way to show my priorities. It was about health yes, it was about convenience yes, it was about stopping animal agriculture because it ruins our planet and does harm creatures. but more importantly it was about being a sort of activist. This guy asked me if i was a vegetarian because i care about the cows. and i just laughed and said no cuz if i truly cared about them i would be protesting and writing letters to policy makers to make changes. If i was truly eco friendly i would be screaming and shouting at others, but i dont do that so i cant say i truly care that much. I care but not in the sense i need to persuade you, i do it for me. I try to live honestly and i try to listen to my inner self, and my inner self was saying your a faker for your love of nature but suckiness of protecting it. So yes i am a vegetarian, why do i do it: because i wanted to be active in changing our world, but it is a process like the 8 fold path in buddhism, first stage personal activism. i do it for myself because soon i will be doing for all of you. i wont be preaching but if you ask me prepare for a long list of reason why you could be a vegetarian too, cuz i do it for only a few little reasons, but there are a buttload of options for not eating meat that might suit your feelings and thoughts.

anyway im gunna go do some stuff and you should do as well. there is stuff to do, and you to do it.

No comments: